As a group we:
- Provide a community and support for those with a Humanist outlook (which includes atheists and agnostics) in Plymouth and the surrounding area.
- Promote the values that Humanists hold to be important: rationalism, scientific thought, ethics and creativity.
- Organise events for everyone in the Plymouth area that are engaging, entertaining, educational and uplifting.
- Represent non-believers with similar values in matters of education and other matters of importance.
- Make an active contribution to the wider community through volunteering and other important areas.
Am I a Humanist?
Which of the following statements is closest to your point of view? (You can choose more than one answer to each question if you need to.)
1 Does God exist?
A) I am sure there is a God ruling over the universe.
B) It depends what you mean by God, but I think so.
C) I don't know.
D) There is no evidence that any god exists, so I'll assume that there isn't one.
2 When I die…
A) my soul will go to another place where I will be rewarded if I was good and punished if I was bad.
Most of us want to mark important events in our lives such as births and marriages, as well as to commemorate people we have loved when they die.
For those of us with no religious belief it’s important that we can mark these occasions with honesty, warmth and affection, using words and music that are personal and appropriate to the lives and the people involved.
Click here to join the Plymouth Humanists mailing list and be kept up to date with news and campaigns.